It’s a Server-Clients networking system for the Internet streaming, which requires node.js and socket.io hosting.
It supports string and byte streaming.
All the communication between Server, Clients is via FM SocketIO Manager.
It requires node.js server for the Internet Streaming, which will route your data in public network.
It also requires one Unity3D connection as Server in your whole connection, as it’s Server-Clients based networking system
Thus, there are two parts in this tutorial setup.
Part A: node.js server
Part B: Unity3D FMSocketIOManager
Part A: Node.js server
Our example server is located in our plugin root folder
1. Install npm + node.js
Download and install necessary items https://nodejs.org/en/download/
2. install socket io, you may choose one of the below versions
cmd/terminal: npm install firstname.lastname@example.org
cmd/terminal: npm install email@example.com
cmd/terminal: npm install firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Install express
cmd/terminal: npm init
cmd/terminal: npm install express –save
4. Finish & Test on localhost
You may follow this step-by-step tutorial, the commands are compatible in Mac/Windows/Linux
Part B: Unity3D FMSocketIOManager Setup
1. Create a new GameObject in your scene, and name it “FM Socket Manager”.
2. Add Component FMSocketIOManager.cs
3. Choose Network Type: Server, Client
4. enabled Auto Init is recommended, which will automatically start the connection in runtime.
5. you may also connect them manually as alternative via script.